[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r6959 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jul 29 16:22:35 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 14:36 -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 02:08:06PM -0400, Anduin Withers wrote:
> > ./mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp line 143 isn't C++, no new
> > (short int)[size] (looks like a placement but isn't), the parens around
> > short int should be removed.
>
> And where is audioSamples freed?
In ~AvFormatDecoder(), well in the version I just checked in.

> > > I discovered that the problem is that something in the libav or
> > > avformatdecoder overwrites the avformatdecoder class with audio
> > > data. I haven't figured out where this is happening, but by
> > > allocating the audio buffer on the heap, instead of as an
> > > array in avformatdecoder, the SEGFAULT doesn't happen.
>
> So now it might overwrite something else on the heap that is totally
> unrelated and make it even harder to find the real problem?  Doesn't
> sound like a win to me.

Yep, I didn't close the bug...

The SEGFAULT already happened in unrelated code. This is why it
took me a while to get this close to fixing it. My gdb won't let
me awatch the ptr, so it is difficult to debug.

Anyway, I would love it if you provide a patch for this problem.

-- Daniel