[mythtv] problem with HDTV in Australia

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Jul 29 08:20:47 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:11:37AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 21:59 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > The solution was to switch to TS mode. Thanks to everyone who gave
> > suggestions. PS mode should be removed because it creates corrupt
> > recordings..
> PS mode is on the way out... But Jacob has been busy lately.
>
> > "Extra audio buffering" also needed to be enabled for smooth playback.
> Yes, we should probably reverse its meaning and call it
> "less audio buffering". Since having it on is correct 99%
> of the time.

Follow-up question: is there anything special required for AC3
passthrough to work? I enabled it, and my output device is ALSA:iec958.

Some channels have two tracks, one of which I'm sure is AC3. When I
switch I do hear a difference, but my receiver reports Pro Logic in all
cases, so it seems like the software decoder is being used. AC3 output
does work from Xine off DVD though.

I'm running 0.18.1 still.

Apologies for what turned out to be user questions on -dev.

Hamish