[mythtv] DVB CI Cam support

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Fri Jul 29 05:34:49 EDT 2005

belcampo wrote:

>>>I don't think this is a Myth 'thing'. If your card works in any linux
>>>application with the CI, it will work in Myth.
>>>Mine, a Terratec 1200 works with the CI interface in Myth for scrambled
>>>channels on Astra 19.2
>

>>Not true, I'm afraid. The Twinhan driver does not support the CI that
>>the other drivers do.
>

>>2005-07-26 21:34:50.544 DVB#0 Using DVB card 0, with frontend DST DVB-S.
>>CAM doesn't support link layer interface, Caps.slot_type=1
>

>>The CAM never gets touched using this card.
>
> So as thought of by me, not any linux application will work with the Twinhan
> card at the moment because its a driver problem.

As far as I know, it's a limitation of the chipset used. It's not a
driver bug as such. The main person working on / with this card is Manu.
He has been doing work on a "High level CI API", however, if I'm reading
the comments in the ML correctly this may have stalled due to politics.

Myth does not support the not-yet-existing API, therefore these cards
(even though they're nice and cheap) do not work with CI / CAM / Cards.

Cheers,

Allan.