[mythtv] problem with HDTV in Australia

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Thu Jul 28 21:09:24 EDT 2005

what you had sounds like you forgot to compile your kernel such that its
using PIO rather than DMA to perform I/O.

a disk should be more than capable of keeping up with multiple 20 Mbps
streams .. after all, its only a few MB/s.

Hamish's problems sound like something else ..
i haven't tried HDTV here for a while (also Melbourne Australia) - as i
don't have a HDTV-capable TV - but when i did, i found that it worked ok
on Athlon XP2800+ using ffpmeg-based decoding with playback onto screen
resolution of 1920x1280.

cheers,

lincoln.