[mythtv] DVB-EIT real time updates?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Jul 26 11:41:00 EDT 2005

> > I'll be keeping an eye on it more closely next time. At least I now know
> > it is supposed to work, so I can go bug hunting if required.
> >

> I *think* it might be working. ITV swapped an episode of "Donavan" for
> "Midsomer murders" on Sunday. I believe my mythtv box picked it up.

It's definitely working. After Australia's excellent work destroying
England in the Ashes :-) the program updates did come through replacing
the cricket telecast with whatever they were showing.

Although it didn't seem to occur until about 2pm, so it was late.

Exactly why it takes a while I'm not entirely sure...
I have noticed that EPG updates come through much faster after
either changing channel or starting to watch live tv.

Given that the EPG is supposed to be transmitted constantly you
would expect things to come through resonably soon....

Stuart