[mythtv] issues with svn, possibly related to Daniel's recent commits

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jul 25 15:20:57 EDT 2005

Noticed what I think are two new issues that are possibly related to the
pile of recent commits from Daniel...

1. mythfrontend seems to freeze when I hit esc (or left-arrow) to return
to the main memu from watching recordings.  Makes it difficult to do
anything else if I have to force-quit the frontend every time (usually
alt-tab to the console I opened mythfrontend from and hit control-c).  I
think I've run into this trying to get out of other sections, too.

2. For some reason, it appears as if mythbackend is taking over my
soundcard when recording from my pvr-150.  This wouldn't normally be an
issue, except that the crappy ac97 audio drivers for my pubdit allow
only one thing to access the card at a time, which means I can't watch
anything if the backend is recording (in mythtv or xine or mplayer or
...).  I don't see any reason why the backend needs access to the
soundcard for ivtv recording, so perhaps it's an easy fix?

-Chris