[mythtv] DVB scanning problems

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Jul 23 13:43:43 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 18:34 +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <1122139837.6041.7.camel at hawk>
>           Preston Crow <pc-mythtv05a at crowcastle.net> wrote:
>
> > In the database, capturecard.videodevice is "/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0" but
> > in the code, it is querying for it by '0' in dvbchannel.cpp.
>
> [ snipped ]
>
> > So the question is, is the query broken, or should my database just have
> > a number in that field?  (And shouldn't the query also check that
> > cardtype='DVB')
>
> Mine just has numbers:
>
> mysql> select cardid, videodevice from capturecard;
> +--------+-------------+
> | cardid | videodevice |
> +--------+-------------+
> |      1 | 0           |
> |      2 | 1           |

This is how it should look for DVB.

Preston, can you set the videodevice to "0" and try again?
With and, if it doesn't work, without the jp1.patch.

Can you also provide some info on the steps you took to configure
the DVB device so we can figure out how the videodevice got set to
"/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0"?

-- Daniel