[mythtv] DVB scanning problems

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Jul 21 23:25:08 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 22:17 -0400, Preston Crow wrote:
> > > This is an HD-2000, not an HD-3000.
> > Make sure you are using the first input during scanning.
> I don't see any option for selecting the input, but since it finds the
> signal on the channels, I should have the right one.  (There wasn't any
> option for the command-line tools, either.)
I meant physically plug the cable into the first input, which I believe
is the one closer to the LEDs. As far as I know the DVB drivers for the
HD-2000 only support one input.

> Same behavior with all those versions, and 6860 for good measure.
If it isn't a regression then there isn't anything I can do to help
you right now. There would be little point in debugging a scanner
that will be obsolete so soon.

Wait until the new scanner is in CVS and then file a bug report with
all the info sent to the command line, and everything in the scanner
pane along with the info about your setup, such as the card HD-2000,
the transport OTA, the drivers DVB from kernel x.x.x.

Until then I recommend you use the v4l drivers and either manually
input the channels or use the new scanner in the patch at:
  http://www.cuymedia.net/patch/

-- Daniel