[mythtv] More dvb problems.

Sammo sammo2828 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:05:44 EDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
> [..]
> > of the time. However, the software should be more robust in that it
> > shouldn't just give up after 15 seconds [...]
>
> Yes, but you'll ultimately be much happier if you fix your cabling.

I would be happy if I could fix the cabling. I live in an apartment,
and the antenna cabling is not under my control. I have also tried RF
filters and indoor antennas, but sometimes the card just can't lock to
a channel ...

> At second glance, it may also have something to do with the DVB-T card
> being sensitive to heat - reception gets worse as the card gets
> hotter. Haven't validated this yet, but have noticed it when the
> heater is on close to the mythbox ...

Did you read this part? It may also be the card itself having bad
reception when it gets hot (and the Visionplus DVB-T cards get very
hot, even with a properly ventilated setup ....

In a perfect world, I would have perfect cabling, and a perfect TV
card, and a perfect mythtv :) In the mean time, I the most feasible
would probably be to make mythtv more robust while changing channels