[mythtv] Full image copy in mythdvd

David Sims dl.sims at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 23:14:46 EDT 2005

I'm interested in having an option on the DVD rip screen to do a full
image copy of a DVD to an ISO file.  Not knowing much about the DVD
spec, I'm wondering if the implementation of such a copy needs to be
any more sophisticated than a simple byte-for-byte copy from the DVD
device to a file.  I've implemented just that in mtd, and it seems to
work just fine for the couple DVDs I've tested it with.

Can anyone tell me whether I'm oversimplifying this capability?  I've
seen discussions about this capability in the user's list lately, and I
would like to post a patch for my changes on trac if this is a
capability that others would find useful.

- David Sims