[mythtv] Mythtv 0.18.1: Getting DVB EIT Info into the program guide

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Thu Jul 14 07:45:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

Obviously I'm doing something wrong on my mythtv 0.18.1 box, as I'm not
getting any updates from EIT into the myth program guide.

 - mythtv is configured with  --enable-dvb-eit
 - #define EIT_DEBUG_SID 28 in siparser.cpp to get more info
 - channel is configured to use onair guide data

+--------+----------+---------+-------+---------+---------------+
| chanid | sourceid | channum | name  | xmltvid | useonairguide |
+--------+----------+---------+-------+---------+---------------+
|   2061 |        2 | 28      | JETIX |         |             1 |
+--------+----------+---------+-------+---------+---------------+

 - EIT Data seems to be received, I get reasonable EIT debug output:

EIT_EVENT: 28 EventID: 1276   Time: 200507151345 - 200507151405
EIT_EVENT: 4D descriptor, lang DEU, prio 0
EIT_EVENT: using 4D data for language='DEU'
EIT_EVENT: LanguageCode='DEU' Event_Name='MegaMan NT Warrior'
Description='Die Virusfabrik'

What I don't get is any info in the program guide for the channel. Any
Idea where to start looking or what I could be missing?

Thanks, Martin

Semi OT:
Possible factor with problem's I'm seeing: my card/source/input setup is
a bit unusual:

3 DVB Cards, all pointed to the same sat. 2 of them with CI/CAM modules.
Cam1 decodes ORF + Premiere, Cam2 decodes ORF only.

mysql> select * from videosource;
+----------+----------+--------------------+
| sourceid | name     | xmltvgrabber       |
+----------+----------+--------------------+
|        1 | Free     | tv_grab_de_tvtoday |
|        2 | Premiere | tv_grab_de_prem    |
|        3 | ORF      | tv_grab_de_orf     |
+----------+----------+--------------------+

mysql> select cardid, videodevice, cardtype, defaultinput from
capturecard;
+--------+-------------+----------+--------------+
| cardid | videodevice | cardtype | defaultinput |
+--------+-------------+----------+--------------+
|      1 | 0           | DVB      | DVBInput     |
|      2 | 1           | DVB      | DVBInput     |
|      3 | 2           | DVB      | DVBInput     |
+--------+-------------+----------+--------------+

mysql> select cardinputid, cardid, sourceid, inputname from cardinput;
+-------------+--------+----------+-----------+
| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid | inputname |
+-------------+--------+----------+-----------+
|           1 |      1 |        1 | DVBInput  |
|           2 |      2 |        2 | DVBInput  |
|           3 |      3 |        1 | DVBInput  |
|           4 |      2 |        1 | DVBInput  |
|           5 |      2 |        3 | DVBInput  |
|           6 |      3 |        3 | DVBInput  |

Meaning:
Free chaneels can be recorded by all 3 cards
Orf can be recorded by cards 2+3
Premiere can be recorded by card 2 only.

Not sure if this is the right way to configure my cards/channels but it
seems to work OK with a minimum of redundant information, i.e each
channel is defined just once and xmltv only needs to grab the data once.