[mythtv] re what tv card to buy in australia to use with knoppmyth

Matthew Phillips mythtv at mattp.name
Thu Jul 14 06:38:37 EDT 2005

On 14/07/2005, at 7:34 PM, Jon Whitear wrote:

> phillip cole wrote:
>
>> I have geard good things about the dvico cards and the aver media
>> cards too I have
>> heard bad things about the vision plus dvb-t card very bad things
>> actually
>>
> I have an Ultraview card (which is a Dvico Fusion HDTV Lite) and a
> VisionPlus DVB-T card. The dvico gives me very good signal strength
> and SNR, while the VisionPlus gives very poor signal strength and
> SNR. I'm in Lane Cove, lower north shore, Sydney, so my signal
> _should_ be pretty good.

This is slightly OT, but I have a VisionPlus and have *never seen the
reported SNR actually change*. I also seem to recall seeing comments
to the effect that the SNR reporting isn't working properly for the
VP. My experience is that I've had zero problems receiving all
channels even with a very marginal reported SNR.

Do you actually experience any more glitches with the VisionPlus over
the DVICO?

Cheers,

Matthew.