[mythtv] DB helper functions

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Wed Jul 13 20:28:13 EDT 2005

On Sunday July 10 2005 21:10, Robert Johnston wrote:
> On 10/07/05, Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com> wrote:
> >    Note: the reason to use the QString::left instead of just an operator=, is that in QT4, the pgsql backend changed names from QPGSQL7 to QPGSQL, and it should work for 3.3.x and 4.0.  I will also look into coding these as constants for ease of maintenance in the next patch.  Any other suggestions?
>
> Can not the ./Configure get the QT version, and if so, can you not use
> that and a #DEFINE to tell the compiler what the constants should be?
>
> Just a thought.

You make a good point.  I'll fix that this weekend when I work on the helper functions some more.  Out of curiosity, and since this patch seems to have a bad case of bit-rot, where do I need to submit patches to help them get implemented? Or at least a reason why they were rejected so I can improve?

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com