[mythtv] Australia DVB playing problem...

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:17:10 EDT 2005

I think when recording in PS myth tries to be clever and choose the
primary audio channel.  If it gets it wrong, your recording doesn't
have the data.  In TS, I believe all audi streams are recorded, which
results in larger recordings, but the option to select the audio
yourself.

I don't mind being corrected if this is all wrong though...

On 7/13/05, Matt B. <mattslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 13:23 +1000, Damion de Soto wrote:
> > Joel Utting wrote:
> > > I'm in Australia and I'm trying to track down a
> > > problem which I've had for some time with a certain
> > > channel. We have several free to air channels, two of
> > > which are 7 and 9. When I go to 7 from the menu it the same
> > > works fine. We I then go to 9 and back to 7, 7 iso
> > > always missing its sound, and sometimes goes into slow
> > > motion. This has happened with the 0.18 version of
> > > myth and with the current svn. It has happened
> > > consistently on 4 different machines, the only
> > > similarity (I believe) is they have all been running
> > > visionPlus cards (different ones).
> > >
> > > I have tried a lot of small changes in the code to fix
> > > this problem but have not had any success - anything I
> > > can try that might help ?
> > Isn't this just the audio problem with using the TS DVB data stream?
> > It depends on the details of the audio stream on the current, and last channel.
> > If you change to PS, it should go away. (or you may be able to just switch audio
> > streams with the + key when using TS (I think)).
> >
> > regards,
> >
> I'm also in Australia and using a vision plus, I started getting similar
> problems with 0.17 and it continued when I install 0.18 I switched to TS
> from PS and so far it appears to have solved the problem. I was getting
> audio loss when changing channels and occasional audio loss during a
> recording (quite often on ABC while watching Denton). I switched over
> about 3 weeks ago and it seems good so far.
>
> regds
> Matt

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.