[mythtv] DVB-EIT real time updates?

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 05:54:31 EDT 2005

On 08/07/05, Martin Ebourne <lists at ebourne.me.uk> wrote:
> Following the horrific events here in London yesterday, the TV schedule
> on the major channels was completely re-written to accommodate all of
> the extra news coverage.
>
> I'm running a recent checkout from the 18-cvsfixes branch using the
> built in over the air DVB guide, and when I looked at the schedule in
> MythTV I noticed that it was all the original times and programming.
> Wondering if maybe that was still what was being broadcast I ran
> tv_grab_dvb into a file and compared it.
>
> It turns out that the over the air guide had been updated for the new
> programming and new times, but that MythTV hadn't picked any of this up.
> So to the question: is this because the code to do subsequent updates
> has not been written yet, or is this due to a bug?

This is an interesting question. I believe it should have picked up
the changes, but there are the usual caveats of not being on a
reliable multiplex when it happened so did we have the data to
actually notice.

It took a little while for my STB box to catch up , and I didn;t think
to check myth.

As you can imagine it's quite hard to debug this :/

--
John