[mythtv] New MythGame not populating rom database

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Jul 7 15:22:55 EDT 2005

> here is the sql dump, I hope i did it correctly. it contains both
> gamemetadata and gameplayers tables.

 I think the problem here is because for some reason your
gamemetadata table didn't get updated when db check created
the gameplayers table. Two new fields are added to gamemetadata
in the exact same piece of code and for some reason it doesn't
look like they happened.

 Can you let me know the results of this SQL query:

select * from settings where value = "GameDBSchemaVer";

 It should be set to 1005, which is the version set after the
gamemetadata table gets udpated and the gameplayers table created.

 I just tried it on a fresh one here and it made the alterations
properly.

 You can make the changes manually with the following:

ALTER TABLE gamemetadata ADD COLUMN rompath varchar(255) NOT NULL default '';
ALTER TABLE gamemetadata ADD COLUMN gametype varchar(64) NOT NULL default '';

> another thing i noticed on the mac version, when scanning for games
> the progress bar comes up with osme text above it that tells you what
> type of roms are currently being scanned. I don't see this text on my

 This should show up on all systems. There is nothing in the
code that would cause it to not show.

> FC3 system. I get the progress bar which sticks at %50,

 The 50% is currently hardcoded :)

>flickers(like
> a full screen redraw), then finishes. and both versions take a few

 It actually flickers? Odd since nothing is drawn to the
screen at all during the scan. At the moment it's not even
incrementing the progress bar.

> seconds to switch after you select Games Settings button on the Media
> Settings page. Much longer than say changing from the Setup page to
> the Media Settings Page. I'm not sure why this is.

 Happens almost instantly here. Is it slow only the first
time? Can you go out and back in and it happen faster the
second time?