[mythtv] New MythGame not populating rom database

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Jul 7 11:46:49 EDT 2005

> better. It would be nice if when you select the type of emulator you
> get a default command that would set that emu to go fullscreen,

 Well that is part of what this was intending to avoid. I didn't want
to tie any of the gametypes to any particular emulator or emulators
command options.

> blah.zip" lines. A quick look at the gamemetadata table in my
> mythconverge database shows that no roms were added. The structure is
> there, but no roms.

 What GameType? What extensions are listed in the File Extensions field?

 Can you send me an sqldump of your gameplayers table and a copy of some
of the output you are seeing in your terminal?

> I am getting a few warnings when i compile. Not sure if this is
> related or even something to worry about. here is a snipit of the
> output from make:
> In file included from main.cpp:10:
> gamesettings.h:29: warning: missing braces around initializer
> gamesettings.h:29: warning: missing braces around initializer

 I don't get those here, but I'll take a look.

> gamehandler.cpp:103: warning: unused parameter `QString RomName'
> gamehandler.cpp:103: warning: unused parameter `GameHandler*handler'

 This is a valid warning since currently those variables
 are unused :)

> Linux System: FC3, gcc 3.4.3 qt 3.3
> Mac System:10.4.1 gcc 3.3 qt 3.3.4
> SVN revision 6786 on both machines