[mythtv] Commercial Flagging Idea

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:11:14 EDT 2005

On 7/6/05, Anil Gupte <anil-list at icinema.com> wrote:
> I believe I have seen subtitles (or they might be close captioning) in
> commercials as well.
>
> Anil Gupte

Commercials having subtitles shouldn't be a problem.

You can do a text search (or hash the text) and determine that it's a
commercial (once a commercial has been previously identified) would
require people to identify commercials and the system 'learn' or to
download previously identified commercial text.

Ant.