[mythtv] DEC2000-t/scanning/channels.conf-import.pl

Jim mythdev at penyball.cix.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 16:28:00 EDT 2005

I was in the same boat - whilst the dec driver may be at fault I've also
found that DVB scanning against my transmitter (UK Moel Y Parc) has never
worked - I haven't spent enough time looking at the actual feed and the
scanning code to be able to identify what is wrong but I get the same
symptoms on both the dec-t and an Avermedia 771 card - either scanning
sticks or if you force it to scan by setting up a specific frequency it
gets a chunk of the  frequencies wrong - there was some suggestion on one
group that this may be related to some channels being relayed - but thats
somuch gobbledegook to me :)

This means that since scanning was introduced I've been manually
configuring the channels/multiplexes whenever I've rebuilt myth -its easy
enough - just tedious. I'm using cvs as of mid june but started the manual
bit when scanning came in ca 0.17.

Install/configure as usual - just don't scan for channels and for the
DEC-t make sure you set the 'use hardware mpeg decoder'

The manual bit boils down to creating entries for the DTV_MULTIPLEX and
CHANNELS tables. The installation will have created entries in capturecard
, cardinput and videosource so these are the only tables that need to be
touched.

The table entries are self explanatory but if you have a problem or no-one
suggests a better approach ask and I'll explain in more detail!
cheers