[mythtv] DVB Subtitles Patch v1.0 released

Ian Caulfield imc25 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 1 08:03:00 EDT 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Pekka Jääskeläinen wrote:

> On 7/1/05, Ian Caulfield <imc25 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> I noticed from the last FFmpeg resync that libavcodec now supports
>> subtitle codecs - currently there's only a DVD decoder and a DVB encoder,
>> but I thought it might be nice if your code could be adapted to use that
>> API, as then we'd have DVD subtitle support as well, plus anything that
>> might pop up in future FFmpeg versions...
>
> I noticed there was a codec id range added for DVD subtitles, and also that
> the first ID in that range overlapped with the DVB sub's ID. Can you
> give any pointers
> how should I adapt the patch to use the API? I'm not familiar with ffmpeg API.

I'm not that familiar with it myself - but it looks like FFmpeg provides
decoders - so your decoder would have to be ported into libavcodec (and
probably then sent off to the ffmpeg people for good measure). The decoder
returns an AVSubtitle struct, which looks like it has a position, size,
timecode and an 8-bit palettised image, which could then get fed through
your display code.

Ian