[mythtv] Can't compile libavcodec in mythtv (v6754)

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 1 03:59:28 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:

>>Dear all,
>>
>>I have some problems compiling mythtv (version 6754). At the moment I'm
>>stuck while compiling libavcodec.
>>

>Your errors show that you are _not_ compiling that revision.

Thanks for helping me.

Forgive me if I made any mistakes, I never used subversion before...

I run "svn update" from my mythtv sources directory, and I got the
following:
At revision 6754.

I then do a "make distclean"
and then:
"./configure \
        --disable-audio-arts --disable-audio-jack --disable-lirc \
        --disable-joystick-menu --disable-firewire --disable-ivtv \
        --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc --disable-xvmc-vld
and then "make".
After a while, I got that "error: can't find a register in class
'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'" error message.

Did I miss anything?

BTW, how can you tell I'm not running revision 6754? I will do a fresh
checkout and try again...

Thanks.

Regards,
Tj

PS: I also tried with the "--disable-xvmc" and still got the same results.