[mythtv] DVB Driver for the pcHDTV HD-3000

Kirk Lapray kirk_lapray at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 12:27:56 EST 2005

I have developed a DVB driver for the HD-3000 HDTV card.  This opens up many more possibilities with this card.  Using the DVB driver you do loose the ability to get analog stations, but I am not concerned about this since I don't use this part of the card anyway.

I have tested the driver out with the latest CVS version of MythTV and it works really well with all the recent DVB support added lately.

You can get the driver and more information on how to install it at http://www.geocities.com/kirk_lapray/.  I would like to make the installation process easier, but currently you have to patch the latest CVS versions of video4linux and dvb-kernel.  I would also recommend using the driver on the 2.6.10 kernel, since that is the only version it has been tested on.

I am interested on seeing how well it works for others.  Please let me know if you run into any problems with it, or are able to successfully use it.

Kirk