[mythtv] Small feature request / alternatives

Neulinger, Nathan nneul at umr.edu
Mon Jan 31 11:38:47 EST 2005

Most of the time, I use mythtv in a window on my desktop, but sometimes,
I want to view full screen. There doesn't appear to be any nice way of
doing this.

Right now, my hack to do this is to have a separate user on the machine
with it's own mysql.txt and a custom identifier for preferences. Ugly...

(A) A small step up would be to simple be able to specify that custom
identifier on the mythfrontend command line so I can choose between
different sets of preferences without the contortions of switching to a
different user just to use myth?

(B) Even better would be the ability to specify an option on the command
line to force full screen/resize X resolution.

(C) Best would be a keyboard toggle when the window is open to switch
between window and full screen. I read that it would be difficult to do
this while video was playing... Not a big deal, how about having it be a
top-level menu item only usable while not playing video?

(A) seems like it would be relatively simple... would y'all accept a
patch to do this?

-------------------------------

Other feature request: It would be really nice if myth would:
	1) Keep track of the number of times a particular recording was
viewed and show this in a the gui somehow...
	2) Give you the ability to put a comment on any recording.
	3) Have some nice way to graphically adjust the recording area
so that the fuzzy black borders can be trimmed, and some way to set this
for a given card as opposed to just for playback.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul at umr.edu
University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216