[mythtv] Multiple DVB tuner cards - quicker channel changes suggestion

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Sun Jan 30 16:20:03 EST 2005

> Here's a suggestion regarding those with multiple tuner cards that are
> idle
> when watching Live TV.
>
> Why not pre-tune the unused card into the next channel in the sequence
> so
> when you select next channel, it swaps to the other card which is
> ready to
> go.

	Even better would be to have all your cards recording your
favourite channels all the time. You could both instantly change
channels _and_ rewind. But that would require major re-engineering
which is beyond a lot of us :-(

> Standalone set top boxes here in Australia change channels within 1
> second.

	Yes. I don't know how they do it, especially with one tuner,
and very little CPU horsepower.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Now the world has gone to bed,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  Darkness won't engulf my head,