[mythtv] [Backtraces] Segfault and other bad backend behavior with current CVS

Jack Wrobbel mythtv-dev at thewubs.dnsalias.com
Sun Jan 30 16:13:54 EST 2005

Hardware:
2.6GHz P4 HT
512Meg memory
PVR-250 x 2
WinTV (BT878) - lowest priority card.

Software:
RedHat 9
kernel 2.4.20-6smp
ivtv 0.1.9
Qt 3.3.2
gdb 6.2.1

CVS from December 11 was working fine, but since the first of this year
I have been having trouble with the backend.

When I build using the release config if multiple recordings occur in
the same time period, the backend segfaults some time into the recording
(but always starts recording).

When I build with the debug info, the backend either segfaults or it's
CPU utilization goes to 100% and usually nothing is recorded.

I have attached several backtraces (explanations below)

  Thanks,
    Jack

gdbback_IVTVx2_00.out - scheduled 2 simultaneous recordings.  Backend
segfaulted about 5 minutes into recording.

gdbback_IVTVx1_00.out - scheduled a single recording. At start of
recording backend CPU went to 100%.  Killed backend.  Nothing was
recorded.

gdbback_IVTVx1_01.out - Restarted backend, resuming recording from
gdbback_IVTVx1_00.out. At start of recording backend CPU went to 100%.
Killed backend. Nothing was recorded.

gdbback_IVTVx2_BTTV_00.out - Scheduled 3 simultaneous recordings.
Imediately on startup backend CPU went to 100%.  Killed backend.
Nothing was recorded.

gdbback_IVTVx2_BTTV_01.out - Restarted backend, resuming recording from
gdbback_IVTVx2_BTTV_00.out.  At start of recording backend CPU went to
100%.  Killed backend.  Nothing was recorded.