[mythtv] siscan and Service Name like ARD "Das Erste"

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sun Jan 30 13:02:58 EST 2005

Michael Obster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have found a bug in the SQL queries when channels are added to the
> database (siscan.cpp). A SQL query like ..."ARD "Das Erste""... will
> result in an error because of unescaped ".

Michael,

I think a better way to fix this would be to use the prepare & bindValue
methods in QSqlQuery. There are lots of examples on how to use this in
the rest of the code. Do you mind reworking the patch that way and see
if that fixes your problem? I also see that there are many other SQL
queries in the DVB code that probably have the same problem. If you have
the time and feel like it, you are more than welcome to convert those
into prep/bind too while you're at it. :)