[mythtv] Re: OnePowerSearch -- a onetime power search

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Sat Jan 29 18:36:05 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 03:53:51PM -0600, David Engel wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:19:54PM -0800, Brad Templeton wrote:
> > Below is a patch which implements a "one time" power search.  Effectively
> > identical to the existing PowerSearch, but, like a FindOne, it is deleted
> > after the first successful recording.
>
> You don't need this.  PowerSearch and FindOne are orthogonal so you
> can use them both on the same rule already.

Ah, I see.  So the powersearch is deleted upon success if it has a FindOne
recording type?     I noticed the recording type and search type were
orthogonal but that seemed to offer some possibly meaningless combinations
when I was playing with it, so I coded this one up.   Thanks.

I originally coded up a more complex FindOneEpisode to supplement what some
consider a feature, some a flaw in FindOne when used on series but this
seemed a lot simpler.  No new code is even simpler.

Do you happen to know at which Database Schema Number PowerSearch was
incorporated?  I guess if nobody knows I can dig through the cvs tree.