[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Jan 27 21:51:24 EST 2005

>> I suggest the guideline that database items be obsolete for at least
>> two releases before they get removed.  For example, anything that was
>> last used in 0.15, can't be removed until 0.17 is released.
>
> How do you handle data whose meaning changes, though?

	In a perfect world, there would be a new table, column,
or value to represent the new meaning(s). In the MythTV dev
world, I guess we have to hope that developers minimise this?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  when you stop believing