[mythtv] Re: Burning support

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 21:28:46 EST 2005

Ok, I've looked through mfd, got some questions.

So the tv recordings are stored on the backend.  mfd is supposed to
run on the backend with the frontend rewritten to request data from
mfd on some host?

A frontend would send a request for metadata from mfd and then select
some shows to burn.  At this point it would send a request to the mfd
where the video lives to start a transcoding/conversion process on the
video and convert the video to a .iso.   Somehow we would get updated
status from mfd on the state of conversion also.  Then this iso is
streamed and to a mfd client where there is a dvd burner?