[mythtv] CVS Gentoo ebuild

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 20:28:15 EST 2005

Firstly, I don't support, nor like the CVS ebuild. This is why I'm
releasing snapshot ebuilds into Portage.

Secondly, Isaac don't call the ebuild broken for calling make on the
sub directories when YOUR own online documentation provides those
instructions. The reason for this is your continued insistance on
using qmake (which is a broken system). Now if you stopped trying to
insult Gentoo for 5 minutes, you'd see that YOUR own documentation
says you need to do this if you increase the number of jobs that make
can do. Using a proper build system it would ensure that the depends
are built at the right times and functions in parallel.

Thirdly, if you want any support on anything the first thing you hear
in the official channel by Isaac or ANY of the other developers is
"Run the latest CVS and then report back." And since Gentoo actually
has a GOOD package management system that users want to use rather
then installing software without it being managed by a package
manager.

Lastly, I have begun work on converting MythTV over to autotools.
Except to see this on the mailing list in the future, however Isaac
has already taken the time to insult me and make it abundantly clear
it won't be accepted. But hey, it's my choice to persue it... gotta
love open source.

If any Gentoo users are interested in working with me on the autotools
support, feel free to contact me on Freenode and /msg Cardoe. or email
cardoe at gentoo.org

-Doug Goldstein
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/
Gentoo's MythTV maintainer