[mythtv] Changing video delay

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Thu Jan 27 09:54:22 EST 2005

Quoting Ed Wildgoose <lists at wildgooses.com>:

> A better method would be to hook the two machines up via spdif or some
> other digital link.  Get the second machine to convolve the spdif input
> to output.

It would have to be ADAT, which adds some cost to my project, although this is
not so much of a problem.

> However, I think you might be happier if you try to make everything work
> on one box.

The main problem is that the Mac would need a firewire soundcard, and there are
no linux drivers for them... This is also the main reason that I cannot add
ADAT or even SPDIF output to it. Additionally if I use Mac OS there are no DVD
players which will do multichannel decoding properly, and BruteFIR doesn't
compile....

Looks like I'll have to find another excuse to buy a Mac mini!

Chris