[mythtv] WARNING - CVS drops DVB tables

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jan 26 21:10:16 EST 2005

> That's by design.  Backwards compatability is for wimps. =)

	Hmmm. OK. It is just the first time for me that a
schema upgrade has done something this, er, destructive.
Usually, it will add columns that old versions can ignore.
But there is some value in not having obsoleted tables.

1) Is this actually "policy"?
(I couldn't work out if the smilie was for both sentences)

2) If so, when are we going to drop oldprogram, oldrecorded,
and any of the other unused tables? :-)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Its not easy having a good time
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia      | ...