[mythtv] Roku, mythtv integration, mvpmc

Jarrod Gray grayjk at cs.rose-hulman.edu
Wed Jan 26 20:02:35 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, David Shay wrote:

> If you've got experience with uPNP development, drop me a line to see how we
> could collaborate.  I have some Qt, XML, and http experience, but nothing
> directly with uPNP before.

Someone mentioned this earlier but I thought I would post the URLs as
well. CyberLink (http://sourceforge.net/projects/clinkcc/) provides an API
for doing UPnP. The guy that released CyberLink then wrote CyberMediaGate
(http://www.cybergarage.org/net/cmgate/cc/index.html) which is a UPnP
media server written with CyberLink. From what I can tell, he uses
CyberMediaGate to serve his MythTV video content to other UPnP
capable devices. For instance you can see from his blog that he has this
working with his Sony Vaio Media player
(http://www.cybergarage.org/blog/2004/08/vaio-media-i-am-checking-upnp-av.html).
It wouldn't be much of a step to integrate the CyberMediaGate UPnP server
functionality into the mfd or mythbackend for that matter.

Also of interest may be Intel's tools for UPnP development
(http://www.intel.com/technology/UPnP/tech.htm#tools). They provide both a
client and server (among other tools) which could be useful for testing
any development.

I noticed that UPnP was a big topic at CES this year, with many of the
new media devices being certied as UPnP capable. An official list of
certified devices can be found at
http://www.upnp-ic.org/certification/default.asp. Anything certified
as a media render'er could be made usable with Myth.

Jarrod