[mythtv] DVB Changes / Patch Applied

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jan 26 19:41:07 EST 2005

	Taylor, while we are talking about database schema, ...

On 25/01/2005, at 2:00 AM, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> I want to collect a list of the dtv_privatetype entries that are
> needed for
> peoples networks and shove them into 1 schema update just before .17
> instead of
> multiple schema updates for something so trivial.

	The current schema drops three old DVB tables from the DB.
This is fine if you are only using CVS or 0.16, but if you
swap between them then the database will be stuffed.

	I realise that the new code doesn't need dvb_channel,
dvb_pids and dvb_sat, and I don't know the "policy" for old tables,
but how do you feel about dropping the SQL DROP from schema upgrade
1063?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Peacemaking is our profession"
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       | Motto of Burpelson Airforce Base