[mythtv] again: mythmusic problem with (broken?) qt and mythvideo segfault on amd64

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Jan 26 05:11:04 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 08:50 +0100, Daniel Paessler wrote:
> the second problem is, that mythvideo is crashing, whenever i try
> to go to the "video list". no errors, just a segmentation fault.
> if i can help with sending a backtrace, i would...maybe someone
> can tell me, how to produce a _helpfull_ backtrace?

The problem with this one is that if you have several directories under
the main mythvideo dir with videos in them, it'll crash.  If you keep
one dir, then move everything underneath it, it won't crash.

Example:

With main videodir set to:
/mnt/movies

And subdirs:
/mnt/movies/features
/mnt/movies/dvdrip
/mnt/movies/shows

You'll get a segfault.

With main videodir set to:
/mnt/movies

And subdirs:
/mnt/movies/features
/mnt/movies/features/dvdrip
/mnt/movies/features/shows

You won't get a segfault.

At least that's been my experience on FC3.  Glad to see you're running
Gentoo, which means that it's probably not a Fedora issue...

I can't get a backtrace on this one though, as I can't get myth to build
in debug mode (it's in the archives unresponded to).  Maybe you'll have
better luck than I.  In any case, there's the workaround...

	-I