[mythtv] Making MythTV more OSX Friendly

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Tue Jan 25 13:56:36 EST 2005

On 25 Jan 2005, at 1:42 PM, Patrick Tescher wrote:

> There are a lot of applications out there that use installers. I would
> say more than 50%.

And 95% of people use Windows, but that doesn't make it right.

> Second, the application should
> never do this, regardless of libraries. Some sort of gui is needed in
> case something else goes wrong.

Patches are welcome (unless Isaac says otherwise) for both adding a GUI
error system, and for weak-linking all dependencies and checking the
requirements at runtime. My point remains valid until those two things
are fixed.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. MythTV is open
source, so you're free to put together a binary package for it as you
see fit, just as I'm free to dislike it. =/

- Jeremiah