[mythtv] Roku, mythtv integration, mvpmc

Tobias Börjeson tobias at borjeson.net
Tue Jan 25 11:47:42 EST 2005

thor wrote:

> For music, mfd already shares mythmusic audio content out via DAAP, so
> it should work with the Roku out of the box (be very interested in
> hearing if it doesn't).

I am the owner of a Roku Soundbridge (M1000) and can confirm that DAAP
serving through mfd does not work with this unit. The main issue appears
to be that the Soundbridge requires support for DAAP queries which
currently seems to be unimplemented in mfd. (Another issue seems to be
regarding HTTP version incompability where the SB uses HTTP1.0 in DAAP
requests which gets dropped by mfd). I have been meaning to look deeper
into this whenever I've got more time.

The only DAAP server implementation I have seen which has full
browse/query support is mt-daapd (hosted at sourceforge), this however
seems to lack some of the features that mfd has (real-time conversion to
wav, FLAC support etc).

I'd be happy to provide more info (logs, network traces) if anyone's
intrested.

Tobias