[mythtv] Roku, mythtv integration, mvpmc

David Shay david at shay.net
Mon Jan 24 22:05:04 EST 2005

> On Friday 21 January 2005 09:35 pm, David Shay wrote:
> > On the uPNP front, would patches/additions be accepted to MythTV to
build a
> > uPNP server into the backend?  Would it be better as another module?
Would
> > it be better to extend the functionality of mfd to include uPNP (both
audio
> > and video)?
>
> Might be best as part of mfd, but could also work as part of the backend -
the
> backend's in use more at the moment, at least.  But, yeah, of course
patches
> would be accepted. =)
>
> Isaac

Since it really isn't similar to the mfd protocols at all, I was thinking it
might be better in mythbackend.  The only issue I see with that is that the
uPNP AV server would need to catalog and serve up not just MythTV video, but
also MythMusic and MythVideo ultimately.  Would it be a problem to integrate
this into mythbackend, assuming you do appropriate checks for installation
before serving up essentially the contents of musicmetadata and
videometadata?