[mythtv] DVB Scanning Appears To Hang

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 12:53:52 EST 2005

Quoting Graham Finlayson <graham.finlayson at gmail.com>:
> I upgraded to the latest CVS to try out the new DVB Patch. When I try
> to scan for the available channels, the scan never completes.

I screwed this up last night.  I forgot to test with DVB (worked fine with
ATSC).  I'll get it fixed as soon as I get home and can get someone to apply
the patch.

Comment out the line in sitypes.cpp -> ServiceHandler::RequirePIDS() where
status[0].pulling = true.

> I am connected to the CraigKelly transmitter in the UK, which I think
> may do something different to other DVB transmitters, as I believe
> that it is a relay transmitter for some channels (if that makes
> sense). Anyway, I can provide any necessary dvbsnoop information that
> is required. Just let me know what is needed.

Nope.. I should work great there.. Lots of testing has been done on DVB-T.  It
just required I don't break the code. :)

Taylor