[mythtv] DVB Scanning Appears To Hang

Graham Finlayson graham.finlayson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:25:21 EST 2005

I upgraded to the latest CVS to try out the new DVB Patch. When I try
to scan for the available channels, the scan never completes.

I put in some additional debugging tracing to see what the problem
was, and I discovered that the call to SIParser::ParseNIT was being
called over and over again.

I am connected to the CraigKelly transmitter in the UK, which I think
may do something different to other DVB transmitters, as I believe
that it is a relay transmitter for some channels (if that makes
sense). Anyway, I can provide any necessary dvbsnoop information that
is required. Just let me know what is needed.

Graham