[mythtv] DVB Changes / Patch Applied

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Mon Jan 24 08:08:18 EST 2005

Tim Davies wrote:

> I've updated Mark's patch to apply cleanly on the latest Myth CVS, and
> split it into three parts.  This might make it easier to integrate the
> essential bits into CVS.
>
> - oz-ac3.diff - this is required for both PS and TS recording.  It
> deals with channel changes (with a codec change) and chooses the
> preferred audio track, if multiple tracks are recorded.  This is what
> we *really* need in CVS.

As far as I can see, this patch (oz-ac3.diff) does at least four things:
1) wantac3 setting in the setup
2) make the PS autopid use <1>
3) make AvFormatDecoder::autoSelectAudioTrack use <1>
4) deal with codec changes (?)

<1> & <2> looks conceptually good to me although I'd implement it
slightly differently, partly because I'm planning on removing the
preferredFooStream hack completely and move that logic into dvbrecorder.
I'd also call it "ac3wanted" or something to make it sort together with
"ac3passthrough". I also have an idea for the dvbrecorder which, if it
works, will make it possible to record multiple audio streams with PS
recording too and then we won't need <2> any more. I think this would
also eliminate parts of the tracksel patch. Once Taylor gets things
going with the followup patch I'll try and sort this part out...

I haven't looked that much at the rest of the patches (ffmpeg and the
avformatdecoder is pretty much new territory to me) but you've seen what
Isaac said. I think it would help if you could identify more clearly
exactly what the problems are and how to fix them. And trim it down and
split it up in distinct parts. Maybe some more comments? I'd like to
help but I don't understand the patch yet and my time is a bit limited. :(