[mythtv] AC3 + bigdvb3.5 + australia + transport.c

Mark Anderson markjanderson at mail.com
Sat Jan 22 16:29:39 EST 2005

[mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org]
> On Behalf Of J. Donavan Stanley
> Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 8:02 AM
> To: Development of mythtv
> Subject: Re: [mythtv] AC3 + bigdvb3.5 + australia + transport.c
>
> Tim Davies wrote:
>
> >>OK, I have fixed it. I removed the code to switch tracks in GetFrame
and
> >>changed mpeg.c to re-use the existing audio track when the codec
> changes.
> >>This means mpeg.c only supports one audio track, but the rest of
myth
> has
> >>that problem anyway (except for TS recording of course.)
> >>

> >Two seconds after I send the last email, you fix it!  I was trying to
> think
> >of a way to not restrict mpeg.c to one track, but you do have a point
> about
> >the MythTV restriction.
> >

> Not sure what you both mean by that.  If the change to mpeg.c means
only
> one audio track will be used that's a bad fix.  The audio tracks are
> needed for perfect DVD rips and the like at the very least.

I made the assertion to see if anyone had any objections to it. I wasn't
sure what else the mpeg code was used for, but I did suspect there were
other uses that I hadn't thought of. Thanks for pointing this out.

The problem still remains that when you are recording PS DVB and change
between channels with different audio formats you end up with audio
tracks in the mpeg file that have no data. This makes it difficult to
get avformatdecoder to reliably choose the correct audio track. If the
solution we put forward is unacceptable, which I guess it is if you want
good dvd ripping, then we'll have to explore other options, e.g.

1. When the channel is changed clear out all of the mpeg tracks.
2. Get avformatdecoder.cpp or mpeg.c to detect a track with no data and
ignore/remove it respectively.
3. Others?

I prefer option 1, anyone else have an opinion? I have a few hours later
tonight so I might be able to code up option 1 then.

Regards,
Mark Anderson.