[mythtv] prebuffering pause

Chris Mumford cmumford at cmumford.com
Sat Jan 22 12:32:53 EST 2005

When I compile in support for XvMC by un-commenting out these lines in
settings.pro:

# XvMC support, modify as necessary.

CONFIG += using_xvmc

DEFINES += USING_XVMC

EXTRA_LIBS += -lXvMCNVIDIA -lXvMC

in the mythtv project I get mythfront to seemingly hang printing out a ton
of messages containing the string "prebuffering pause". I seem to be able to
play recorded content longer than I can play live TV, but they both will
hang in less than 10 seconds.

I'm using a pcHDTV HD-3000 card with the latest 1.6 drivers, patched 2.6.9
kernel and the latest CVS source. Anybody else come across this? If I leave
these lines commented out it works fine.

P.S. Is posting to this forum in HTML good etiquette, or should I use plain
text?

Chris Mumford

email

: cmumford at cmumford.com