[mythtv] unichrome working???

martin north martin at chipsandpeas.com
Sat Jan 22 05:28:54 EST 2005

i'm trying to get unichrome working on my Via M6000. I _think_ everything is
setup OK, the Xorg.0.log file shows the following on boot up:

(II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Initialized XvMC extension.

which i believe is the acid test as to whether the drivers are up and
running.

I've enabled the following in settings.pro

# XvMC_VLD support, modify as necessary. Incompatible with normal XvMC
support.
CONFIG += using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
DEFINES += USING_XVMC USING_XVMC_VLD
EXTRA_LIBS += -lviaXvMC -lXvMC

.. and enabled the checkboxes on Playback settings.

So, OK so far. However a load average of 1.5 when watching live TV says
something is not right.. (compared to load average of about 0.4 with the old
libddmpeg drivers).

What have i missed?? There is no mention of hardware acceleration in the
mythbackend logs...should there be?? what should i be looking for?

Using: M6000, Gentoo, kernel 2.6.9-epia-patches, xorg 6.8.1.901, Nova-T DVB
card.

martin