[mythtv] lock-up when opening OSD "program guide"

Brian Grimal brian at grimal.com
Fri Jan 21 15:24:55 EST 2005

I've been lurking this list for a while, and searched the archives
looking for any info on the same issue..  I'm running a PVR350, and Myth
installed from the knoppmyth cd.  I have X piped out of the PVR350 with
ivtv-fb ..  I can watch live TV just fine, record shows just fine, etc.
but the second you use the program guide it locks up mythfrontend ..
There's a bunch of errors in the syslog, but I can't remember what they
were now (been a while, I'll check later tonight).  Interestingly
enough, the browse mode works fine, but the guide doesn't.

 Once I get some free time I'm going to install a fresh copy of linux
(not sure which distro yet, leaning towards FC3) with CVS copies of Myth
and the latest ivtv drivers w/ the latest PVR firmware and see what
happens.  Anyone else see these issues?

Brian Grimal