[mythtv] On the FindOne recordings, conflict resolution

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jan 20 16:51:46 EST 2005

Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 11:42:57AM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>WHERE clause of the query. In current CVS, (maybe you should have
>>a friend compile it for you) this is exposed in two places.
>

> Thanks for the other advice, but again, I hoped we had both agreed
> to stay away from this sort of thing.   I can compile it no problem,
> the trouble is linking due to a complex legacy library dependency
> issue which has no single solution.  It just hasn't been high enough
> on the priority list to fix.

But you need a compiled and linked version to see and use the
current features regardless of how you obtain those binaries.
What I didn't mention is that there was a bug for kPowerSearch
that would prevent these rules from working in 16.0. You would
need current, or at least post Oct 19th CVS to take advantage of
kPowerSearch rules. There have been several other things that
have been added or tweaked that relate to your questions such
as the text has been changed from "program" to "title" and the
scheduling docs have been updated. Most importantly, there was
a fix that sped up scheduler times significantly on Oct 30. See:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/scheduler.cpp

log entries for revs 1.120 and 1.119

--  bjm