[mythtv] nuvexport dvb streams error

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Jan 20 08:49:01 EST 2005

I was just about to post a message about using nuvexport with my hd
streams recorded from a pcHDTV card, when I saw a message about a commit
last night. When I previously tried to use nuvexport on these files it
would just hang on tcprobe. Since updating to the latest version of
nuvexport posted last night I get the following error:

Unrecognized mpeg stream type.  Please email this to the nuvexport author:

MPlayer 1.0pre1-3.3.3 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

CPU: Intel  (Family: 8, Stepping: 3)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.confReading config
file /root
/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Reading
/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf:
Using built-in default codecs.conf
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
size restrictions for MP at ML or MPEG1 exceeded! (1280x720)

What can I do to allow transcoding of hdtv shows in nuvexport? It is
complaining about size restrictions but that is why I want to transcode,
to get a smaller file. Is it an option with mplayer to ignore this error?

- James