[mythtv] OpenGL and LibmythUI status

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Jan 19 23:13:56 EST 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 10:06 pm, Code Logic wrote:
> Well, I'd love to help get that completed and see the frontend using
> GL, so if you can brief me about what needs to get done, I'll start
> right away since I got the time, the skill and the resources =).

 It's really just a matter of seeing what is in the regular myth code base and
noticing what is missing from libmythui. You could start with any of the
modules (mythvideo, mythmusic, etc.) and see what widgets are listed (via
theme.xml files) to create UI elements. Then look in the libmythui code base
and see if a similar widget exists and/or does everything it's supposed to.

 The original impetus behind starting work on libmythui was to abstract away
from the particular painting method (OpenGL, basic Qt, or whatever). This
will eventually allow for things like interface elements that can be animated
on displays with enough oomph, but still work in those without.

> If
> you're coding based on a sketched out plan and/or design doc or
> something, I'd love to check it out.

 There is no master plan  :-)  Ask questions here or in irc.

- thor