[mythtv] HDTV CPU utilization

Chris Mumford cmumford at cmumford.com
Wed Jan 19 21:45:12 EST 2005

> What kernel are you running?  I didn't seem to catch it.  Also when
> you say a few seconds before the crash, how many are we talking about?
>
> Alan
>

> > I didn't realize that - thanks for pointing it out. I just tracked this
> down
> > in the settings.pro file and have uncommented out these lines to enable
> XvMC
> > support. At the moment MythTV crashes after just a few seconds of play,
> but
> > I doubt this is due to my recent change. My experience after recompiling
> > everything every few days is that the MythTV source is often unstable. I
> > will try again in a little while and hopefully it will improve then.

I am running a patched 2.6.9 kernel. I followed the instructions at
http://thegeorges.us/mythtv/.

I can go about three seconds before the crash. Mythfrontend prints out a
bunch of "prebuffering pause" messages before exiting.

In addition to enabling XvMC I have also enabled USING_OPENGL_VSYNC, but
apart from that it's just a stock compilation of MythTV.