[mythtv] [experimental patch] pchdtv bttv support

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 13:03:37 EST 2005

Quoting Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu>:
<snip>
> Yup, I think so too..  Though, radio's really not all that interesting to me,
> due to the lack of guide data.

Many of the radio services you can get on Satellite (and I presume digital cable
would be very similar) have a private data section table that contains all the
Artists and album information.. This could easily be added to the recording,
and hooked into ffmpeg to call something to add it to the OSD..  I plan on
playing this once I get the DVB patch in.. This does no good with FM tuner
cards unless they can pickup and decode the RDDS (I think thats the service I
am talking about that has time and channel information)..  The guide data still
says "Alternative Rock" or "Pop" or something similar and vague, but once you
are tuned you can see what it is.. The formats i've seen are just ascii text
seperated by carriage returns.. The only big question is how does this
integrate into MythMusic since you could easily clip the recordings into mp3s..

Taylor